Red Velvet Cupcakes
Everybody enjoys indulging in a bit of luxury! Red velvet cupcakes are always a crowd pleaser...rich, fluffy sponge and cream cheese icing - what's not to love?
Here is the recipe that our very own Fiso uses at home:
Ingredients (makes 18 cupcakes)
120g unsalted butter at room temperature
300g caster sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon Sugarflair red extra
2 tablespoons water
1 level tablespoon cocoa powder (about 7g)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
300g plain flour
1 level teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 160°C Fan/ 180°C Conventional
- Sift flour together with salt and set aside
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mix well
- In a small bowl, mix together red food colouring, water, vanilla extract and cocoa powder into a smooth paste. Add to butter mixture and mix well, scraping the sides of the bowl if needed so colour is evenly distributed
- Turn mixer down to low and add about a third of the flour, then half the buttermilk, followed by another third of the flour, then the rest of the buttermilk and flour. Mix well (but do not overbeat)
- In a small bowl mix together vinegar and soda then pour into batter. Mix well and divide into prepared muffin pans
- Bake for around 25 minutes/ until skewer comes out clean
- Once your cupcakes, you can then decorate them with your favourite cream cheese frosting and sprinkles!
We hope these work out well for you! If you try out this recipe #thecakedecoratingshop on Instagram and Facebook.