The Easy Way to Colour White Pearls
Nowadays, you will be able to find lots of different coloured pearls...but how often do you find the exact shade you want? They'll either be too dark, too light or just not as pretty as that powder you have hiding away in your cupboard. Time to get that powder out!
We will show you just how simple it is to colour your own pearls!
- Put your pearls into a large tub/ bowl
- Always start with white
- Choose your colour
- Add a dash of the powder (you can easily add more later)
- Add a squirt of dipping solution to the powder and pearls (if you don't want to use an alcohol-based product, lemon juice will do the trick). Steer clear from water as this will take too long to evaporate and may dissolve the pearls - yikes!
- Start combine by slowly shaking the tub in a circular motion until all of the pearls are covered
- In the right photo, you can see I haven't added quite enough powder so just pop some more into the tub and continue swirling!
- Avoid touching them for at least 20 minutes as the liquid will need to evaporate off of the pearls
And there you have it! Easy, right?
Enjoy! If you colour your own pearls show us! #thecakedecoratingshop on Instagram and Facebook :)